US Embassy warns of terror threat in Bangkok
The US Embassy says foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok.
Bangkok: The US Embassy in Thailand has sent an "emergency message" to American citizens warning of a possible terrorist attack in Bangkok.
The message says that "foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future."
It calls on people to exercise caution in public areas where Western tourists gather.
Embassy spokesman Walter Braunohler declined to release more details saying, "At this time we don't have any further information to share."
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights