US federal budget deficit reaches $137 bn
The US federal government registered a $1.299-trillion budget deficit for the 2011 fiscal year ending September.
Washington: The US federal government's budget deficit hit $137.3 billion in November, the US treasury department said on Monday.
That brought the total budget deficit of the first two months of the 2012 fiscal year to $235.8 billion, lower than the $290.8 billion in the same period a year earlier, Xinhua reported.
The US federal government registered a $1.299-trillion budget deficit for the 2011 fiscal year ending September, an evidence of the mounting budgetary pressure facing the world's largest economy.
The US federal government raked in a revenue of $152.4 billion in November, and registered outlays of $289.7 billion.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless