DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US federal budget deficit reaches $137 bn
The US federal government registered a $1.299-trillion budget deficit for the 2011 fiscal year ending September.
Washington: The US federal government's budget deficit hit $137.3 billion in November, the US treasury department said on Monday.
That brought the total budget deficit of the first two months of the 2012 fiscal year to $235.8 billion, lower than the $290.8 billion in the same period a year earlier, Xinhua reported.
The US federal government registered a $1.299-trillion budget deficit for the 2011 fiscal year ending September, an evidence of the mounting budgetary pressure facing the world's largest economy.
The US federal government raked in a revenue of $152.4 billion in November, and registered outlays of $289.7 billion.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Mobbed By Fans After India Beat Kiwis
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi