US: Man arrested for alleged White House bomb threat
The DC police spokesman said the man approached an officer at the White House gates and warned that a bomb would detonate in a truck parked nearby.
Washington: A man has been arrested after police say he made a bomb threat outside the White House. DC police spokesman Araz Alali says the man approached an officer at the White House gates this morning and warned that a bomb would detonate in a truck parked nearby.
Surrounding streets and the entrance to a nearby Metro rail station were shut down as the Secret Service inspected the vehicle for explosives. Streets were reopened after nothing dangerous was found inside the truck.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Krzysztof Wasik. He has been charged with making felony threats and is being held pending a court appearance.
It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party drama enters 5th day: Akhilesh-Shivpal feud sparks SP-Congress alliance ahead of UP polls- FirstPost
- Haryana will be first state to implement 7th pay commission recommendations - Pradesh18
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18