DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US mother sends 17-year-old with gun to school
A woman in the US state of Indiana sent her gay son to school with a stun-gun to counter students bullying him.
Washington: A woman in the US state of Indiana sent her gay son to school with a stun-gun to counter students bullying him. Chelisa Grimes did it after administrators apparently didn't do enough to stop the bullying against her son. The mother says she will do it again - even though the teen now faces expulsion, CNN reported on Monday.
"I do not promote violence - not at all - but what is a parent to do when she has done everything that she felt she was supposed to do ... at the school?" said Grimes. "I did feel like there was nothing else left for me to do, but protect my child."
The school district held an expulsion hearing last week but no decision has been announced.
Grimes sent her son to Arsenal Technical High School in Indianapolis with the stun gun after he said he was being taunted and bullied for months.
After six students surrounded him at school April 16, calling him names and threatening to beat him up, he pulled the stun gun from his backpack...sending the group scurrying, he said.
"I brought the stun gun 'cause I wasn't safe," said the 17-year-old.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar