DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US: Obama informed of 'tragic' Connecticut shooting
Obama remains committed to trying to renew a ban on assault weapons, White House spokesman said.
Washington: US President Barack Obama has been notified about the "tragic" shooting incident at an elementary school in Connecticut and will receive regular updates throughout the day, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Friday.
"We're still waiting for more information about the incident in Connecticut," Carney said when asked about the president's reaction to it.
Carney called the event "tragic" and said there would be time later for a discussion of policy implications.
Obama remains committed to trying to renew a ban on assault weapons, Carney said.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City