DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US Open 2013: Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng enter semi-finals
Sania Mirza and Jie Zheng entered the semis of the women's doubles with straight sets win over Su-Wei Hsieh and Shuai Peng.
New York: India's Sania Mirza and her Chinese partner Jie Zheng stormed into the semi-finals of the women's doubles with a straight sets victory over fourth seeds Su-Wei Hsieh and Shuai Peng here.
The 10th seeded Sania-Zheng pair had little trouble in defeating the current Wimbledon champions Su-Wei Hsieh of Taipei and Peng Shuai of China 6-4 7-6 in exactly an hour and 50 minutes to advance to the last four stage.
Sania and Zheng will meet eighth seeds -- Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua -- in the semi-final. Sania and Zheng were quick to seize the initiative and a single break was enough to give them the opening set.
The second set went on serve before the Indo-Chinese combination secured a mini-break and held their serve thereafter to pocket the match.
For records, it will Sania's first semi-final appearance in the US Open and her fourth overall in a major tournament. The Indian tennis ace has now reached the last four stage in the women's doubles at all the four major tournaments.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet