US Open 2013: Sania-Zheng crash out in the semis
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6.
New York: India's Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek entered their second successive men's doubles final at the US tennis Open, while Sania Mirza and China's Jie Zheng were beaten in the semis of the women's doubles.
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6. Tenth seeds Sania and Jie were listless in an error-prone semi-final on Thursday and they could not consolidate an early break in the second set after losing the first tamely.
The eighth seeded Australians, who played better tennis, will on Saturday play the unseeded Williams sisters Serena and Venus.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films