US Open 2013: Sania-Zheng crash out in the semis
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6.
New York: India's Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek entered their second successive men's doubles final at the US tennis Open, while Sania Mirza and China's Jie Zheng were beaten in the semis of the women's doubles.
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6. Tenth seeds Sania and Jie were listless in an error-prone semi-final on Thursday and they could not consolidate an early break in the second set after losing the first tamely.
The eighth seeded Australians, who played better tennis, will on Saturday play the unseeded Williams sisters Serena and Venus.
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Samajwadi Party Live: Mulayam Singh 'Ready In Principle' to Ally With Congress-RLD, Hints Shivpal Yadav