DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US Open 2013: Sania-Zheng crash out in the semis
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6.
New York: India's Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek entered their second successive men's doubles final at the US tennis Open, while Sania Mirza and China's Jie Zheng were beaten in the semis of the women's doubles.
Sania and Jie just could not get going against Australians Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua and lost 2-6, 2-6. Tenth seeds Sania and Jie were listless in an error-prone semi-final on Thursday and they could not consolidate an early break in the second set after losing the first tamely.
The eighth seeded Australians, who played better tennis, will on Saturday play the unseeded Williams sisters Serena and Venus.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish