US President was on Osama's hit-list: report
Osama bin Laden wanted to kill Barack Obama to disrupt the 2012 presidential elections.
Washington: US President Barack Obama was apparently on the hit-list of Osama bin Laden, the huge cache of material obtained from the slain al Qaeda chief's Abbottabad hideout suggested.
There are references to the US President in the impounded files, although there is no direct mention of Obama in these materials that have been scanned so far by a CIA-led inter-agency Task Force, CBS News reported.
According to a US intelligence official, bin Laden wanted to kill Obama as part of a plot to disrupt the 2012 presidential elections.
Bin Laden was killed by the US Navy SEALs on May 2 at a house in Pakistan's garrison town of Abbottabad.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner