DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
USA's response to Indian fisherman's killing
Meanwhile, US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell telephoned Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai to convey her regret.
New Delhi: The US has expressed condolence to the family of the Indian fishermen who was reportedly killed by its naval forces off the Dubai coast on Monday night.
The US issued a statement condoling the attack. "The Embassy of the United States of America would like to convey its condolences to the families of the crew of a small motor vessel, which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16, after the vessel disregarded non-lethal warnings and rapidly approached the U.S. ship. We wish to inform you that the incident is under investigation," read the statement.
Meanwhile, US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell telephoned Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai to convey her regret for the loss of life and assured that the US government would conduct full investigation.
"We will stay in regular touch with the US and UAE authorities to ascertain full facts and take appropriate further action in the matter," she said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet