USA's response to Indian fisherman's killing
Meanwhile, US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell telephoned Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai to convey her regret.
New Delhi: The US has expressed condolence to the family of the Indian fishermen who was reportedly killed by its naval forces off the Dubai coast on Monday night.
The US issued a statement condoling the attack. "The Embassy of the United States of America would like to convey its condolences to the families of the crew of a small motor vessel, which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16, after the vessel disregarded non-lethal warnings and rapidly approached the U.S. ship. We wish to inform you that the incident is under investigation," read the statement.
Meanwhile, US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell telephoned Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai to convey her regret for the loss of life and assured that the US government would conduct full investigation.
"We will stay in regular touch with the US and UAE authorities to ascertain full facts and take appropriate further action in the matter," she said.
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya