US shares Jinnah's goal of vibrant Pak: Clinton
The United States celebrates the hardworking Pakistanis who strive to fulfill Jinnah's vision of a stable, Clinton said.
Washington: US shares Jinnah's goal of a vibrant and self-reliant Pakistan, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said while conveying Washington's Independence Day greetings to the government and people of the country.
"Muhammad Ali Jinnah dreamt of a vibrant, self-reliant Pakistan, a goal we all share," Clinton said in her Independence Day greetings to the people of Pakistan.
"On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to the government and people of Pakistan as you celebrate the anniversary of your independence this August 14," she said.
"Since 1947, Pakistan has persevered in the face of immense challenges to build upon the democratic ideals of your country s founders," she said.
"Today, we take time to honour your sacrifices and renew our support for a stable and secure Pakistan for generations to come," Clinton said.
"As Muslims around the world reflect upon the meaning of community and sacrifice during this holy month of Ramadan, the United States celebrates the hardworking Pakistanis who strive to fulfill Jinnah's vision of a stable, secure, and prosperous Pakistan," the Secretary of State said in her statement.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu