DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US: Shooting at school in Connecticut, gunman killed
All the schools in the district have been locked down after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Newtown: Connecticut State Police say they are assisting local police in Newtown in response to reports of a shooting at an elementary school. An official with knowledge of the situation said a gunman in the school shooting had been killed. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way, said the man apparently had two guns.
A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps says a teacher has been shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital, but it's unclear if that's the only injury.
The superintendent's office says the district has locked down schools. The shooting was reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, in western Connecticut. State police say Newtown police called them at about 9:40 am local time about the reports.
The Newtown Bee newspaper posted a photo of a group of young students - some crying, others looking visibly frightened - being escorted by adults through a parking lot in a line, hands on each other's shoulders.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- List of Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Car Launches to Look Forward To
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere