US: Shooting at school in Connecticut, gunman killed
All the schools in the district have been locked down after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Newtown: Connecticut State Police say they are assisting local police in Newtown in response to reports of a shooting at an elementary school. An official with knowledge of the situation said a gunman in the school shooting had been killed. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way, said the man apparently had two guns.
A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps says a teacher has been shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital, but it's unclear if that's the only injury.
The superintendent's office says the district has locked down schools. The shooting was reported at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, in western Connecticut. State police say Newtown police called them at about 9:40 am local time about the reports.
The Newtown Bee newspaper posted a photo of a group of young students - some crying, others looking visibly frightened - being escorted by adults through a parking lot in a line, hands on each other's shoulders.
Recommended For You
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology