US soldier Manning who was sentenced for leaking army secrets says he is a woman
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks.
Washington: US soldier Bradley Manning, sentenced for leaking classified US documents, said he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea.
A statement from Manning was read on NBC News's "Today" program on Thursday.
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks in the biggest breach of secret data in the nation's history.
His lawyer, David Coombs, also told NBC said he expects Manning to get pardoned.
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 1 in Abu Dhabi
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention