DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US soldier Manning who was sentenced for leaking army secrets says he is a woman
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks.
Washington: US soldier Bradley Manning, sentenced for leaking classified US documents, said he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea.
A statement from Manning was read on NBC News's "Today" program on Thursday.
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks in the biggest breach of secret data in the nation's history.
His lawyer, David Coombs, also told NBC said he expects Manning to get pardoned.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017