US soldier Manning who was sentenced for leaking army secrets says he is a woman
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks.
Washington: US soldier Bradley Manning, sentenced for leaking classified US documents, said he is female and wants to live as a woman named Chelsea.
A statement from Manning was read on NBC News's "Today" program on Thursday.
Manning, 25, was sentenced on Wednesday to 35 years in a military prison for turning over classified files to WikiLeaks in the biggest breach of secret data in the nation's history.
His lawyer, David Coombs, also told NBC said he expects Manning to get pardoned.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology