US teacher suspended over Facebook posts
A first-grade teacher posted derogatory comments about her students on her Facebook page.
Paterson: A New Jersey school district has suspended a first-grade teacher after parents complained that she had posted derogatory comments about her students on her Facebook page.
The teacher was removed from the classroom this week after several parents who saw the posts came to Paterson School 21 and asked that their children be removed from her class. Her name was not disclosed.
The Record newspaper reports that the teacher said she felt like "a warden" and referred to her 6- and 7-year-old students as future criminals.
Superintendent Donnie Evans confirmed the suspension on Friday and said the district was investigating. But he declined further comment because it was a personnel matter.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement