DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US troubled by violence in Syria
US concerned by the Syrian Government's use of violence, to hinder Syrians to protest freely.
Washington: Troubled by the recent violence and death of civilians in Syria, the United States has called on the Syrian Government to exercise restraint against its peaceful protesters.
"The United States is deeply troubled by violence and civilian deaths in Dara'a at the hands of security forces," the State Department spokesman, Mark Toner, said.
"We are concerned by the Syrian Government's use of violence, intimidation and arbitrary arrests in Dara'a to hinder the ability of its people to freely exercise their universal rights," he said.
The United States condemns these actions and extend its deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who have been injured or lost their lives.
"We call on the Syrian Government to exercise restraint and refrain from violence against peaceful protesters," Toner said.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835