US troubled by violence in Syria
US concerned by the Syrian Government's use of violence, to hinder Syrians to protest freely.
Washington: Troubled by the recent violence and death of civilians in Syria, the United States has called on the Syrian Government to exercise restraint against its peaceful protesters.
"The United States is deeply troubled by violence and civilian deaths in Dara'a at the hands of security forces," the State Department spokesman, Mark Toner, said.
"We are concerned by the Syrian Government's use of violence, intimidation and arbitrary arrests in Dara'a to hinder the ability of its people to freely exercise their universal rights," he said.
The United States condemns these actions and extend its deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who have been injured or lost their lives.
"We call on the Syrian Government to exercise restraint and refrain from violence against peaceful protesters," Toner said.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology