US: Two boys rape mentally challenged girl in class
A newspaper said the alleged attackers were residents of a home for juvenile delinquents.
Washington: A mentally-challenged 15-year-old girl in New York was brutally gangraped by two boys in her classroom with her teacher standing only a few feet away, a media report said on Sunday.
The special needs student was allegedly sexually assaulted for 10 minutes as another student "hit her on the head whenever she tried to escape" during a science class at a school in Elmont, the Daily Mail reported citing the New York Post.
The girl's mother filed a lawsuit, alleging that the teacher ignored the assault even as one student danced on the desk while another attempted to sodomize the girl.
Though the girl told a school social worker the next day, school officials failed to report the crime. She was the only girl in her class of 13 boys. The daily said the alleged attackers were residents of a home for juvenile delinquents. The girl's mother said her daughter was bullied for months.
The school's executive director said an internal investigation was conducted as soon as they heard of the abuse and fired the teacher.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology