US: Two boys rape mentally challenged girl in class
A newspaper said the alleged attackers were residents of a home for juvenile delinquents.
Washington: A mentally-challenged 15-year-old girl in New York was brutally gangraped by two boys in her classroom with her teacher standing only a few feet away, a media report said on Sunday.
The special needs student was allegedly sexually assaulted for 10 minutes as another student "hit her on the head whenever she tried to escape" during a science class at a school in Elmont, the Daily Mail reported citing the New York Post.
The girl's mother filed a lawsuit, alleging that the teacher ignored the assault even as one student danced on the desk while another attempted to sodomize the girl.
Though the girl told a school social worker the next day, school officials failed to report the crime. She was the only girl in her class of 13 boys. The daily said the alleged attackers were residents of a home for juvenile delinquents. The girl's mother said her daughter was bullied for months.
The school's executive director said an internal investigation was conducted as soon as they heard of the abuse and fired the teacher.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting