DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US: Warning of armed man in MIT campus lifted
The university had posted an emergency announcement on its website about a man carrying a long rifle and a body armour.
Cambridge: Massachusetts Institute of Technology said police have issued an all clear after reports of a man in the university campus carrying a long rifle and body armour went unconfirmed. The university had been put on lockdown for a few hours.
MIT returned to normal operations even as the campus police continued to monitor the university. MIT had posted an emergency announcement on its website on Saturday about the alert and also warned students to remain indoors and report any suspicious activity to the campus police.
MIT had added in the emergency announcement that multiple law enforcement agencies responded after the alert.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia