US welcomes resolve of political crisis in Yemen
Saleh hopes the opposition will engage immediately in a dialogue with the government.
Washington: Welcoming the move of Yemenese President Ali Abdallah Saleh to resolve political crisis, the United States has asked the country's opposition to support his plan.
"The Assistant to the US President John Brennan, in a call to Saleh, reiterated that representatives of all sectors of the Yemeni opposition should respond constructively to his call to engage in a serious dialogue to end the current impasse," the White House said on Friday.
Brennan noted that the government and the opposition share responsibility for achieving a peaceful resolution of the crisis, it said.
"Brennan also stated that a commitment by all sides to participate in an open and transparent process that addresses the legitimate concerns of the Yemeni people provides an orderly path to a stronger and more prosperous nation," the White House said.
Saleh reiterated his hope that the opposition will engage immediately in a dialogue with the government as well as his public assurance not to use violence against peaceful demonstrators, it added.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology