US: White House temporarily evacuated due to fire alarm
The incident took place at the West Wing of the White House, which houses the Oval Office and the offices of President Barack Obama's key staff.
Washington: Reporters and photographers were temporarily evacuated from the West Wing of the White House on Saturday morning as an electrical problem set off a smoke alarm. The First Family was not affected, a White House official said.
"Early this morning, an electrical transformer near the West Wing malfunctioned and set off a smoke alarm in the West Wing. The transformer problem was quickly resolved," the official said. "Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal. The First Family was unaffected," he said.
The West Wing houses the Oval Office and the offices of President Barack Obama's key staff. The personal residence of the president and his family is located between the East and West Wings.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin