DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
US: White House temporarily evacuated due to fire alarm
The incident took place at the West Wing of the White House, which houses the Oval Office and the offices of President Barack Obama's key staff.
Washington: Reporters and photographers were temporarily evacuated from the West Wing of the White House on Saturday morning as an electrical problem set off a smoke alarm. The First Family was not affected, a White House official said.
"Early this morning, an electrical transformer near the West Wing malfunctioned and set off a smoke alarm in the West Wing. The transformer problem was quickly resolved," the official said. "Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal. The First Family was unaffected," he said.
The West Wing houses the Oval Office and the offices of President Barack Obama's key staff. The personal residence of the president and his family is located between the East and West Wings.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet