US: Woman runs over husband for not voting
Holly Solomon opposed President Barack Obama and believed that her family would face hardship if he got re-elected.
Gilbert: Police in Arizona say a Mesa woman injured her husband by running over him with an SUV because he didn't vote in last week's US presidential election. Authorities say Holly Solomon opposed President Barack Obama and was upset her husband didn't go to the polls.
The husband told investigators Solomon believed her family was going to face hardship if Obama were re-elected. Police say Solomon chased her husband through a Gilbert parking lot, circled him as hid behind a light pole, struck him and pinned him under the vehicle as he tried to flee.
Solomon told police she was just trying to scare him but accidentally stepped on the accelerator. She was booked on an aggravated assault count and it wasn't clear whether she has a lawyer.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017