USADA report 'proves' Armstrong used drugs
Lance Armstrong and his team ran the most sophisticated doping programme in sport according to the United States Anti-Doping Agency.
New York: Lance Armstrong and his team ran the most sophisticated doping programme in sport according to the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USDA) which released its report on the case against the US Postal cycling team on Wednesday.
USADA said it was sending the report, which was more than 1,000 pages long and contained the sworn testimony of 26 people, including 15 riders, to the International Cycling Union (UCI), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), before making it available on its website.
"The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen," USADA said in a statement.
"The evidence also includes direct documentary evidence including financial payments, emails, scientific data and laboratory test results that further prove the use, possession and distribution of performance enhancing drugs by Lance Armstrong and confirm the disappointing truth about the deceptive activities of the USPS Team, a team that received tens of millions of American taxpayer dollars in funding."
Armstrong has denied cheating and never failed a doping test but the seven-time Tour de France winner was banned for life by USADA in August after announced he would not fight the charges.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show