DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Uttar Pradesh: 19 killed as bus falls into canal
According to the passengers, the driver of the bus was in an inebriated condition.
Etah (UP): At least 19 people were killed and 23 others got injured when a roadways bus in which they were travelling fell in to the Hazara canal in Etah in Pilua area, police said on Monday. The incident occurred late Sunday night when driver of the bus lost control over the vehicle and it fell into the canal, they said.
While 19 people were killed, 23 others were saved by the locals and a police team. The injured have been admitted to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable, police said.
The bus was going from Farukhabad to Delhi when the mishap took place. According to the passengers, the driver of the bus was in an inebriated condition.
Some passengers are said to be missing and police was trying to trace them. Their exact number could not be ascertained yet, Etah District Magistrate Lokesh M said, adding relief and rescue operation was on at the spot.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet