Uttar Pradesh police head constable commits suicide
Man accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house.
Meerut: A head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself. According to the police, head constable Sanjay Sharma (38) was posted at Nauchandhi police station in Meerut district since December 2012. He was residing in police line with his wife and two children.
On Sunday, Sharma accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house. Upon hearing the gun shot, the wife's kin gathered and informed the police, but Sharma had died on the spot.
According to the police, Sharma had called his mother and brother telling them about his decision of taking the extreme step as he was upset over some domestic issues. The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on in the incident, police said.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar