Uttarakhand: 3 IAF aircraft carry mortal remains of ITBP, NDRF personnel
20 people had lost their lives after an Mi-17 V5 chopper, on a rescue mission, crashed north of Gaurikund.
New Delhi: Three Indian Air Force aircraft on Friday carried the mortal remains of 15 - ITBP and NDRF personnel to their hometowns. IAF will fly C130J to carry the mortal remains of Wing Commander Darryl Castelino to Mumbai and Flight Lieutenant K Praveen to Madurai.
Aircraft AN32 to carry mortal remains of Junior Warrant Officer AK Singh and Sargent Sudhakar Yadav to Fursatganj and Gorakhpur respectively.
Five IAF crew members had lost their lives after an Mi-17 V5 chopper, on a rescue mission, crashed north of Gaurikund, killing 20 people.
The exact reason of the crash is unknown, but bad weather has been hampering rescue efforts since Sunday. The IAF helicopter returning from a rescue sortie crashed near Gaurikund with 20 people on board including men from the ITBP, NDRF and Air Force.
The Mi-17 V5 chopper had taken off from Gauchar and was heading towards Gaurikund.
- Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio to Discuss Climate Change at White House Event
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- Obama Vetoes Bill Allowing 9/11 Victims to Sue Saudi Arabia
- 400 Bottles of Liquor Seized in Bihar
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir