DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Uttarakhand CM orders quick settlement of SSB land deal
The SSB had transferred 82 acres of land belonging to it in Uttarkashi, Chamba and Satputli to the state government in 2007 for housing purposes.
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Wednesday ordered to speedily compensate the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) in a land exchange deal entered into in 2007.
Ordering quick disposal of pending business related to the armed forces, Bahuguna on Tuesday said that transfer of a plot of land at Sitarganj to SSB should be expedited. According to sources, Bahuguna said that in view of the strategic importance of Uttarakhand, which shares borders with China and Nepal, the state government could not afford any delays on issues involving armed forces.
The SSB had transferred 82 acres of land belonging to it in Uttarkashi, Chamba and Satputli to the state government in 2007 for housing purposes. As per the deal, Uttarakhand government has to transfer alternative land to the SSB on the state's eastern border, although that is yet to be done.
The chief minister said all formalities in the matter should be completed at the earliest and asked that the clearances required for the deal be placed before the Cabinet at its next meeting.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong