Uttarakhand: Woman, who delivered baby with help of Army doctors, evacuated to Dharchula
Army doctor Capt Susan helped deliver two babies - a boy and a girl- at the makeshift medical centre in Sabola.
New Delhi: Saraswati Devi, one of the mothers who delivered a baby in Sabola Area of rain-ravanged Uttarakhand, is evacuated to Dharchula on Monday. Army doctor Captain Febha Susan helped deliver two babies - a boy and a girl- at the makeshift medical centre on Sunday.
When the team led by Captain R Patil found that two pregnant women required urgent medical attention, they requisitioned a lady doctor. Captain Susan was heli-dropped in a nearby area from where she reached the village after a 10-kilometer trek, DG Military Operations Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia said.
She helped deliver the two babies - a boy and a girl - at the makeshift medical centre. "The newborns and their mothers are in good health," he said. While Capt Susan has left the area, the medical team is still in the area helping locals.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Saraswati Devi, who delivered a baby, is evacuated to Dharchula
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3