UTV to produce superhero project in Tamil
Shoot for first superhero film in Tamil, 'Mugamoodi', to start soon.
New Delhi: High on martial arts, high on hi-tech gadgets -- UTV's first superhero project in Tamil, 'Mugamoodi', promises to be an action-packed entertainer and a treat for kids and families alike.
The movie, written and to be helmed by acclaimed Tamil director Mysskin, will feature actors Jiiva of 'Ko' fame and Narain of 'Anjathey' in lead roles.
The technicians, heroine and artistes for other key roles are currently being finalised.
'Mugamoodi' will focus on extensive martial arts, and the two male actors will undergo special training with experts flown in from China's Shaolin Temple of Martial Arts.
The story of the movie is based on the theme of the superhero that lies dormant in every human. Destiny pushes a love-struck young man into a dangerous world of adventure. How he fights the evil incarnate and becomes the savior of society forms the rest of the story of 'Mugamoodi', said a press statement.
The pre-production on the project is already in progress, including scouting for an appropriate technical team and for exotic locales overseas to film the songs.
Consultants from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) will be roped in to design high-end gadgets to be used in the movie and the superhero costumes will be created by select teams from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
The shoot of the film is scheduled to commence in September. The film will release in summer 2012.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Pierce Brosnan Endorses Pan Bahar, Twitter Reacts With James Bond Jokes
- India Declares Itself Free from Bird Flu