Vagrant scolded by attendant, sets two coaches afire
The AC tier III coach of Suryanagari Express was completely charred from inside.
Jodhpur: A vagabond allegedly started fires in empty AC coaches of two trains after a coach attendant pushed him out of a bogie when he was picking up leftovers, leading to loss of rail property, a railway official said on Saturday.
Ganga Ram (22) was arrested for starting fires, first in AC coach of Suryanagari Express and two hours later in a bogie of Mandore Express, as revenge for being scolded by a coach attendant, Ashish Mishra, Chief Security Commissioner said.
The AC tier III coach of Suryanagari Express was completely charred from inside, while the fire in AC I-cum-II coach of Mandore Express was detected early, leading to lesser damage, the official said.
Railway officials suspected something fishy when two empty coaches caught fire, following which they checked the CCTV video footage in which they spotted Ram leaving the coach shortly before the fire started, Mishra said.
Ram had entered AC tier III coach of Suryanagri Express in the morning after all passengers had left the train, to pick up leftovers, he said.
"The coach attendant asked him to leave the coach, which led to altercation between the two and he threatened to take revenge," he said.
Ram waited until the attendant left and again entered the coach with some papers, after which he set them on fire and left the spot, Mishra said.
After about two hours, he started another fire in AC tier I-cum-II coach of Mandore Express which had arrived on platform no 3 at 7:40 AM, he said.
"We checked the CCTV footage from the platform no 1, where the Suryanagri Express was parked and found Ganga Ram entering the coach with malafide intention," he said.
"When we caught him somewhere from out of the station after searching him, he confessed to have setting these two coaches ablaze just to take revenge of his scolding by the coach attendant," he said.
Ram, who belongs to Shergarh tahsil near Jodhpur, is a vagabond who sleeps on the platform, he said.
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan