DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
5 pilgrims dead as truck hits van on way to Vaishno Devi
The pilgrims, who hailed from Patiala in Punjab, were on their way to Vishno Devi when the truck hit their van.
Jammu: Five pilgrims died on Tuesday and seven were injured when a truck collided with a van that was on its way to the cave shrine of Vaishno Devi in Jammu and Kashmir. All pilgrims hailed from Patiala, Punjab.
Earlier in January, two pilgrims to were killed and about 20 others injured in a bus accident while travelling from Jammu to Katra, which is the base camp for the pilgrimage.
Nearly 1.05 crore pilgrims visited the shrine in 2012, according to an official of Vaishno Devi Shrine Board that manages the affairs of the shrine, 64 km from Jammu. Its base camp, Katra, is 50 km from Jammu.
(With Additional Inputs From IANS)
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Rafael Nadal Says He Almost 'Destroyed' His Wrist at French Open
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere