Vajpayee improving, to be off ventilator soon
Former prime minister was admitted to the AIIMS on February 3.
New Delhi: Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who is undergoing treatment at AIIMS, is now showing signs of recovery as the condition of his lungs is improving.
"He is alright. He is making progress," Head of Cardiac Thoracic Vascular Sciences Department of AIIMS Sampath Kumar
Kumar said Vajpayee's lungs are improving and oxygenation (amount of oxygen in blood purified by the lungs) level is better.
Sources at the AIIMS say he is likely to be taken off the ventilator soon.
Kumar said that former prime minister's all the basic parameters like his heart, kidney, liver and blood pressure were normal.
The 84-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on February 3 with complaints of fever and chest congestion. Doctors later found that he was suffering from pneumonia.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali