Vajpayee improving, to be off ventilator soon
Former prime minister was admitted to the AIIMS on February 3.
New Delhi: Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who is undergoing treatment at AIIMS, is now showing signs of recovery as the condition of his lungs is improving.
"He is alright. He is making progress," Head of Cardiac Thoracic Vascular Sciences Department of AIIMS Sampath Kumar
Kumar said Vajpayee's lungs are improving and oxygenation (amount of oxygen in blood purified by the lungs) level is better.
Sources at the AIIMS say he is likely to be taken off the ventilator soon.
Kumar said that former prime minister's all the basic parameters like his heart, kidney, liver and blood pressure were normal.
The 84-year-old leader was admitted to the hospital on February 3 with complaints of fever and chest congestion. Doctors later found that he was suffering from pneumonia.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks