Vajpayee's health stable; docs to decide on releasing him
Former PM is responding to treatment, say physicians.
New Delhi: Doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday said they will take a decision on releasing former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee by this weekend.
Admitted at AIIMS with chest infection, Vajpayee is in the ICU on artificial ventilator. His condition is, however, said to be stable.
"He (Vajpayee) is responding to the treatment and is stable. However, he is still being kept in the ICU on ventilator," said Sampath Kumar, head of Cardiac Thoracic Vascular Sciences at AIIMS.
Kumar said: "Based on his condition, doctors will take the decision to discharge him in the next three-four days."
The 84-year-old Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was admitted to hospital after he complained of difficulty in breathing and fever on February 3. He was put on artificial ventilation on Friday.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth