DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vajpayee's health stable; docs to decide on releasing him
Former PM is responding to treatment, say physicians.
New Delhi: Doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday said they will take a decision on releasing former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee by this weekend.
Admitted at AIIMS with chest infection, Vajpayee is in the ICU on artificial ventilator. His condition is, however, said to be stable.
"He (Vajpayee) is responding to the treatment and is stable. However, he is still being kept in the ICU on ventilator," said Sampath Kumar, head of Cardiac Thoracic Vascular Sciences at AIIMS.
Kumar said: "Based on his condition, doctors will take the decision to discharge him in the next three-four days."
The 84-year-old Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was admitted to hospital after he complained of difficulty in breathing and fever on February 3. He was put on artificial ventilation on Friday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs