Varalakshmi replaces Karthika in MGR
Karthika Nair has opted out of 'Madha Gaja Raja' aka MGR.
It's as good as official that Karthika Nair has opted out of 'Madha Gaja Raja' aka MGR. Now the latest buzz is that the film will have two heroines, one among which will be another star kid in tinsel town, Varalakshmi Sarathkumar.
Buzz is that the script underwent major changes and when Karthika Nair heard the revised script of MGR she wasn't too happy about it as her character was more of a 'glam element' and thus opted out of the project immediately.
It's also said that the earlier script had Vishal in three roles but the new one sees him only in one role.
Initially, Hansika Motwani was approached for the film but the actress reportedly declined the offer citing date issues. Now that Karthika has opted out of the movie, the makers have approached Varalakshmi who is working on her long pending debut, 'Podaa Podi' with Simbu.
What's interesting is that media has earlier reported several stories linking Vishal and Varalakshmi but the duo had denied them saying they're just friends.
With music by Vijay Antony, MGR will be helmed by Sundar C and will be a commercial comedy caper.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS