Varalakshmi replaces Karthika in MGR
Karthika Nair has opted out of 'Madha Gaja Raja' aka MGR.
It's as good as official that Karthika Nair has opted out of 'Madha Gaja Raja' aka MGR. Now the latest buzz is that the film will have two heroines, one among which will be another star kid in tinsel town, Varalakshmi Sarathkumar.
Buzz is that the script underwent major changes and when Karthika Nair heard the revised script of MGR she wasn't too happy about it as her character was more of a 'glam element' and thus opted out of the project immediately.
It's also said that the earlier script had Vishal in three roles but the new one sees him only in one role.
Initially, Hansika Motwani was approached for the film but the actress reportedly declined the offer citing date issues. Now that Karthika has opted out of the movie, the makers have approached Varalakshmi who is working on her long pending debut, 'Podaa Podi' with Simbu.
What's interesting is that media has earlier reported several stories linking Vishal and Varalakshmi but the duo had denied them saying they're just friends.
With music by Vijay Antony, MGR will be helmed by Sundar C and will be a commercial comedy caper.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign