DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vastanvi to be questioned soon
Vastanvi, who earlier offered to resign from the top post, now wants to carry on.
Deoband: The three-member committee, formed by Islamic seminary Dar-ul-Uloom, to look into the allegations against it's controversial Vice-Chancellor Maulana Ghulam Mohammed Vastanvi would soon be questioning him.
"We are looking into the matter and will question Vastanvi on the issue very soon," the convenor of the committee, Mufti Ismail said.
The committee will submit it's report to Majlis-e-Shura, the governing council of Dar-ul-Uloom, in the month of July, when the meeting of the council is scheduled, he added.
A senior official at the Deoband, however, said that Vastanvi, who earlier offered to resign from the top post, now wants to carry on.
"He (Vastanvi) has indicated that he wants to retain his job," he said.
The three-member committee, which was formed on February 23, comprises Ibrahim Malik Madrasi, Mufti Maulana Manjur Kasmi Kanpur and Mufti Ismail.
Council had appointed Mufti Abul Qasim Naomani Benarasi as "acting" VC with powers and he would take over the position fully if Vastanvi is removed in the future. The moderate Maulana, Vastanvi, had triggered a controversy soon after his appointment with his remarks praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's rule and his development policy.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong