Vatican's journal in Malayalam edition
The Malayalam edition of Catholic Church's official organ, L'Osservatore Romano, will be launched at a function in Thiruvananthapuram.
New Delhi The Malayalam edition of Catholic Church's official organ, L'Osservatore Romano, will be launched on Monday at a function in Thiruvananthapuram, which is the first edition of the Vatican journal in a non-European language.
Started in 1861, Osservatore covers the activities of the Pope, reviews of encyclicals issued by the pontiff periodical and carries general news concerning the Catholic church the world over, according to its local publishers Carmel International Publishing House (CIPH).
Its Italian edition is a daily and the English version a weekly. The Malayalam edition is also conceived as a weekly journal.
French, German, Spanish and Portuguese are the other languages in which the journal is already having its edition now.
Major Archbishop of Syro Malabar Catholic Church, Cardinal Mar Varkey Vithayathil, will launch the Malayalam version by presenting a copy to former Union Minister and Congress leader Margaret Alwa.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines