DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Vazhakku En 18/9', 'Eega' wins best regional films
Directed by Balaji Sakthivel, 'Vazhakku En 18/9' was named the best feature film in Tamil.
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Tamil teen crime thriller 'Vazhakku En 18/9' and Telugu blockbuster revenge drama 'Eega' were named 2012's best feature films in their respective languages, in the 60th National Film Awards.
Directed by Balaji Sakthivel, 'Vazhakku En 18/9' was named the best feature film in Tamil. It also won the award for best make-up artist by Raja. It is the story of modern-day youth, whose lives are shackled by sex, lies and crime. The film was also awarded the best film in the South Asian Film Festival this year.
Made on a shoestring budget, the film starred all newcomers such as Mithun Murali, Sri, Urmila Mahanta and Manisha Yadav.
Meanwhile, SS Rajamouli directed 'Eega' was one of the most successful Telugu films of 2012. It was awarded the best feature film in Telugu.
Starring Nani and Samantha Ruth Prabhu, it was the story of a young man being rechristened as a housefly to avenge his killer. Other Tamil films that were honoured with the National award include 'Vishwaroopam' for art direction and best cinematography.
Poornima Ramaswamy won the best costume designer award for 'Paradesi'.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes