Veena Malik: To be a supermodel, I had to let go of food
Veena Malik cut down almost 9 kgs to fit into her role in the upcoming film 'Supermodel'.
Mumbai: Actress Veena Malik says she had to let go of some of her favourite food items to cut down almost 9 kgs to fit into her role in the upcoming film 'Supermodel'.
"I had to work hard to fit into the character. When my producer and director Navin Batra came to sign me, they said that 'Veena-ji, you need to cut down your weight to 47 kgs'. I was 56 kgs at that time. So to be a supermodel, I had to let go of food," Veena said here at the music launch of the film.
"Then of course, to get into the character's emotional ups and downs while acting... that was there. I wanted to make it look very real on screen," she added.
'Supermodel' also stars Ashmit Patel and hits theatres Sep 27.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Don't Believe in Biopics On Cricketers: Gautam Gambhir
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?