DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Veena Malik: To be a supermodel, I had to let go of food
Veena Malik cut down almost 9 kgs to fit into her role in the upcoming film 'Supermodel'.
Mumbai: Actress Veena Malik says she had to let go of some of her favourite food items to cut down almost 9 kgs to fit into her role in the upcoming film 'Supermodel'.
"I had to work hard to fit into the character. When my producer and director Navin Batra came to sign me, they said that 'Veena-ji, you need to cut down your weight to 47 kgs'. I was 56 kgs at that time. So to be a supermodel, I had to let go of food," Veena said here at the music launch of the film.
"Then of course, to get into the character's emotional ups and downs while acting... that was there. I wanted to make it look very real on screen," she added.
'Supermodel' also stars Ashmit Patel and hits theatres Sep 27.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia