DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vehicle loaded with five missiles seized in Egypt
The car was carrying five Grad rockets, a number of grenades, land mines and machine guns, said the report.
Cairo: A vehicle loaded with five missiles was seized Saturday in Egypt's North Sinai's city of Rafah, bordering the Gaza Strip, while a security officer was killed in the area later in the day.
"The car was carrying five Grad rockets, a number of grenades, land mines and machine guns," reported Xinhua citing a source. At a checkpoint, the border securitymen shot at two suspected vehicles passing through the mountain area in North Sinai and managed to seize one while the other escaped, said the source.
Over the past two years, Egyptian authorities have confiscated large amounts of smuggled weapons and explosives in the Sinai Peninsula, as the lack of tight security since the 2011 unrest that toppled the former regime led to a rise in weapon smuggling and terrorist activities in the area.
Later in the day, a security inspector was shot dead by some masked men who pursued his car and later fled, an intelligence source said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand