Vehicle loaded with five missiles seized in Egypt
The car was carrying five Grad rockets, a number of grenades, land mines and machine guns, said the report.
Cairo: A vehicle loaded with five missiles was seized Saturday in Egypt's North Sinai's city of Rafah, bordering the Gaza Strip, while a security officer was killed in the area later in the day.
"The car was carrying five Grad rockets, a number of grenades, land mines and machine guns," reported Xinhua citing a source. At a checkpoint, the border securitymen shot at two suspected vehicles passing through the mountain area in North Sinai and managed to seize one while the other escaped, said the source.
Over the past two years, Egyptian authorities have confiscated large amounts of smuggled weapons and explosives in the Sinai Peninsula, as the lack of tight security since the 2011 unrest that toppled the former regime led to a rise in weapon smuggling and terrorist activities in the area.
Later in the day, a security inspector was shot dead by some masked men who pursued his car and later fled, an intelligence source said.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured