Venus defeats Serena in exhibition in Colombia
It was the first match for both siblings since the US Open in September.
Medellin: Venus Williams defeated her sister Serena Williams 6-4, 7-6 (5) in an exhibition match in Colombia, the first match for both siblings since the US Open in September.
The match late on Wednesday was the first for Venus since she pulled out of the US Open after the first round because of an immune system disease. Serena's last match was her loss to Samantha Stosur in the US Open final.
Serena leads Venus 13-10 in competitive head-to-head matches. The exhibition match is not being counted in that list.
The Williams sisters will play Italians Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta in another exhibition in Milan on December 3.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More