DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Venus goes past Alize Cornet into round three
The seven-time Grand Slam champion beat her French opponent 6-3, 6-3 in the Australian Open.
Melbourne: Seven-time Grand Slam singles champion Venus Williams beat Alize Cornet of France 6-3, 6-3 Wednesday to advance to a third-round match against Maria Sharapova at the Australian Open.
The 25th-seeded Williams took advantage of a double-fault on set point by Cornet to take the lead, then fought back from a service break down in the second set to win in 1 hour, 17 minutes.
Sharapova, last year's finalist here, has not dropped a game in posting double-bagel wins over her opponents in the first two rounds, including Misaki Do of Japan on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings