Venus Williams pulls out of Madrid Open due to injury
Venus Williams will be replaced in the draw by 56th-ranked Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland.
Madrid: Former world number one Venus Williams has been forced to withdraw from the Madrid Open due to a back problem, organisers said on Sunday.
The 32-year-old American, now ranked 21, was due to play her first-round match against Spanish wild card Anabel Medina Garrigues on the clay at the premier event on Sunday.
She will be replaced in the draw by 56th-ranked Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland.
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Galaxy Note 7 Replacements Now Available in the US, Says Samsung