DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Venus Williams pulls out of Qatar Open
The 23rd-ranked Williams has been hampered by back problems since the Australian Open.
Doha: Venus Williams has withdrawn from next week's Qatar Open due to an ongoing lower back injury. The 23rd-ranked Williams has been hampered by back problems since the Australian Open. She missed the Open GDF Suez tournament and will skip the upcoming Fed Cup match against Italy because of the injury.
Andrea Hlavackova will replace Williams in the Qatar tournament. Williams lost in straight sets to Maria Sharapova in the third round of the Australian Open, and then lost in the quarter-finals of the doubles alongside younger sister Serena.
Serena Williams, who complained of back pain during her Australian Open quarter-finals loss to American Sloane Stephens, is scheduled to play at Qatar, as is top-ranked Victoria Azarenka.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?