Veteran actor Pran receives Dadasaheb Phalke Award
Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai. Due to health reasons, the actor could not travel to New Delhi earlier and was presented with award by I&B minister Manish Tewari at Pran's residence today.
The 93-year-old Pran, whose real name is Pran Krishan Sikand, has appeared in 350 films from the 1940s to the 1990s and has played both positive and negative roles with equal passion. He is known for films like 'Zanjeer', 'Don' and 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony'.
He was awarded the 'Villain of the Millennium' by Stardust in 2000 and was on the list of CNN's Top 25 Asian actors of all time.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game