Veteran actor Pran receives Dadasaheb Phalke Award
Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai. Due to health reasons, the actor could not travel to New Delhi earlier and was presented with award by I&B minister Manish Tewari at Pran's residence today.
The 93-year-old Pran, whose real name is Pran Krishan Sikand, has appeared in 350 films from the 1940s to the 1990s and has played both positive and negative roles with equal passion. He is known for films like 'Zanjeer', 'Don' and 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony'.
He was awarded the 'Villain of the Millennium' by Stardust in 2000 and was on the list of CNN's Top 25 Asian actors of all time.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?