Veteran actor Pran receives Dadasaheb Phalke Award
Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai. Due to health reasons, the actor could not travel to New Delhi earlier and was presented with award by I&B minister Manish Tewari at Pran's residence today.
The 93-year-old Pran, whose real name is Pran Krishan Sikand, has appeared in 350 films from the 1940s to the 1990s and has played both positive and negative roles with equal passion. He is known for films like 'Zanjeer', 'Don' and 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony'.
He was awarded the 'Villain of the Millennium' by Stardust in 2000 and was on the list of CNN's Top 25 Asian actors of all time.
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats For Women Rights, Slams Triple Talaq
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills