DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Veteran actor Pran receives Dadasaheb Phalke Award
Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Pran received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to cinema at his residence in Mumbai. Due to health reasons, the actor could not travel to New Delhi earlier and was presented with award by I&B minister Manish Tewari at Pran's residence today.
The 93-year-old Pran, whose real name is Pran Krishan Sikand, has appeared in 350 films from the 1940s to the 1990s and has played both positive and negative roles with equal passion. He is known for films like 'Zanjeer', 'Don' and 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony'.
He was awarded the 'Villain of the Millennium' by Stardust in 2000 and was on the list of CNN's Top 25 Asian actors of all time.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere