Veteran actress Suchitra Sen stable, to undergo a cataract operation
Bengali actress Suchitra Sen will undergo a cataract operation once her condition improves.
Kolkata: Hospitalised after a respiratory tract infection, Bengali actress Suchitra Sen's condition continued to remain stable today, said the doctors. "She continues to remain stable as yesterday. Her vital parameters are satisfactory," a medical bulletin issued by Belle Vue Clinic, where she was admitted on December 23, said.
Hospital sources said the 82-year-old Sen's lung infection was under control and antibiotics administered to ease the fluid accumulation in her lungs were working.
She would undergo a cataract operation once her condition improved. Led by cardiologist Dr Subrata Moitra, a five member committee of doctors was monitoring her health. Sen, a recluse for the last three decades, is in a private cabin of the hospital's Intensive Treatment Unit and under constant medical supervision.
Recommended For You
- Magneti Marelli CEO Pietro Gorlier Talks About the Future of AMT in India
- Meri Pyaari Bindu: Parineeti Chopra's Debut Song Will Leave You Mesmerised
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Sachin Tendulkar Euphoric After India Beat Australia in Dharamsala
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?