Veteran filmmaker Tapan Sinha dead
The veteran film-maker had been in and out of hospital over the past few years.
Kolkata: Dadasaheb Phalke award winner and noted film-maker Tapan Sinha died at a hospital here today after prolonged illness.
Eighty-four-year-old Sinha was suffering from pneumonia and septicaemia, hospital sources said. He is survived by a son. His actress-wife Arundhuti Devi died in 1990.
The veteran film-maker had been in and out of hospital over the past few years. He was admitted to the hospital in December last year.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory