Veteran filmmaker Tapan Sinha dead
The veteran film-maker had been in and out of hospital over the past few years.
Kolkata: Dadasaheb Phalke award winner and noted film-maker Tapan Sinha died at a hospital here today after prolonged illness.
Eighty-four-year-old Sinha was suffering from pneumonia and septicaemia, hospital sources said. He is survived by a son. His actress-wife Arundhuti Devi died in 1990.
The veteran film-maker had been in and out of hospital over the past few years. He was admitted to the hospital in December last year.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess