Veteran Tamil, Malayalam actor Vijayan dead
The actor died of Cardiac arrest in a private hospital in Chennai.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Vijayan, who had starred in over 100 Tamil and Malayalam films, died in Chennai on Saturday night.
The actor, who had acted in more than 100 movies, died of Cardiac arrest in a private hospital in Chennai.
A native of Kozhikode, Vijayan was introduced to cinema by acclaimed Director Bharathiraja in Kizhakae Pogum Rayil.
The 63-year-old actor shot to fame with Uthiripookal, directed by Mahendran.
He played prominent characters in several films like Niram Maraatha Pookal, Pasi, Oru Vidukathai Oru Thodarkathai and Palaivana Rojakal.
Vijayan had also acted in Mani Ratnam's Nayakan, Ramana and Run.
He was shooting for Sundar C's Ayudham Seivom when he breathed his last.
The actor is survived by his daughter.
(With inputs from Agencies)
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief