Veteran Telugu director Bapu gets Padma Shri
Other than this, Bapu has five National Awards to his name.
Chennai: Veteran Telugu director Bapu aka Lakshmi Narayana Sathiraju has been named for Padma Shri on the eve of the 64th Republic Day.
The 79 year old, commonly known by the name Bapu in the industry, debuted as a director with 1967 Telugu film 'Sakshi', which featured Telugu superstar Krishna.
In a career spanning over four decades, he has directed many Telugu films such as 'Pelli Pusthakam', 'Mr. Pellam', 'Muthyala Muggu' and 'Sri Ramarajyam'.
Five of his Telugu films have won National Awards.
He made films in Hindi too like 'Woh Saat Din', 'Mohabbat' and 'Pyaari Behna' among many more.
An artist by profession, Bapu is the pen name earned for his artistic work in Telugu. He started his career as an artist in a Telugu newspaper.
The last film of the director was 'Sri Rama Rajyam', which released in 2011 starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Nayanthara and Meka Srikanth in the roles of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita and Lakshman respectively.
Recommended For You
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?