DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Veteran Telugu director Bapu gets Padma Shri
Other than this, Bapu has five National Awards to his name.
Chennai: Veteran Telugu director Bapu aka Lakshmi Narayana Sathiraju has been named for Padma Shri on the eve of the 64th Republic Day.
The 79 year old, commonly known by the name Bapu in the industry, debuted as a director with 1967 Telugu film 'Sakshi', which featured Telugu superstar Krishna.
In a career spanning over four decades, he has directed many Telugu films such as 'Pelli Pusthakam', 'Mr. Pellam', 'Muthyala Muggu' and 'Sri Ramarajyam'.
Five of his Telugu films have won National Awards.
He made films in Hindi too like 'Woh Saat Din', 'Mohabbat' and 'Pyaari Behna' among many more.
An artist by profession, Bapu is the pen name earned for his artistic work in Telugu. He started his career as an artist in a Telugu newspaper.
The last film of the director was 'Sri Rama Rajyam', which released in 2011 starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Nayanthara and Meka Srikanth in the roles of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita and Lakshman respectively.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes