Veteran Telugu director Bapu gets Padma Shri
Other than this, Bapu has five National Awards to his name.
Chennai: Veteran Telugu director Bapu aka Lakshmi Narayana Sathiraju has been named for Padma Shri on the eve of the 64th Republic Day.
The 79 year old, commonly known by the name Bapu in the industry, debuted as a director with 1967 Telugu film 'Sakshi', which featured Telugu superstar Krishna.
In a career spanning over four decades, he has directed many Telugu films such as 'Pelli Pusthakam', 'Mr. Pellam', 'Muthyala Muggu' and 'Sri Ramarajyam'.
Five of his Telugu films have won National Awards.
He made films in Hindi too like 'Woh Saat Din', 'Mohabbat' and 'Pyaari Behna' among many more.
An artist by profession, Bapu is the pen name earned for his artistic work in Telugu. He started his career as an artist in a Telugu newspaper.
The last film of the director was 'Sri Rama Rajyam', which released in 2011 starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Nayanthara and Meka Srikanth in the roles of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita and Lakshman respectively.
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution