Vettel fastest in second Spanish GP practice
The Red Bull driver clocked 1 minute and 22.808 seconds, ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, at the Circuit de Catalunya on Friday.
Barcelona: Formula One championship leader Sebastian Vettel posted the fastest time ahead of archrival Fernando Alonso in the second practice session of the Spanish Grand Prix on Friday.
Alonso had the best time in the rain-affected first session, where Vettel drove more cautiously, but the Spaniard finished .017 seconds behind the German as sunshine bathed the Circuit de Catalunya for most of the afternoon's run.
Vettel clocked 1 minute, 22.808 seconds - considerably faster than the 1:25.252 Alonso managed for Ferrari in the morning run. Vettel's Red Bull teammate Mark Webber was third quickest and the Australian was .083 behind, with Finland's Kimi Raikkonen fourth fastest in his Lotus.
Saturday's qualifying promises to be highly competitive, with the top six in second practice separated by .332 seconds.
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw