DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Vettel surpasses Jackie Stewart's record with Bahrain win
Vettel claimed an impressive victory at the Bahrain GP that saw him go past the legendary Jackie Stewart into the sixth position on the all-time list of Grand Prix wins.
Sakhir: The three-time formula one world champion Sebastian Vettel claimed an impressive victory for Red Bull at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday that saw him go past the legendary Jackie Stewart into the sixth position on the all-time list of Grand Prix wins.
It was Vettel's second win in four races this season and the 28th of his career. The 26-year-old, who registered back-to-back victories in Sakhir, extended his lead in this year's title race. The Red Bull star is leading the drivers' standing with 77 points, ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso who is second with 67 points.
Starting second on the grid, Vettel took the lead on lap three and then controlled the 57-lap race to clinch his second win of the season. "It was a fantastic race," said Vettel. "I have to give a big, big thank you to the team today; it was faultless from start to finish. The pace was phenomenal, the car was great. We took good care of the tyres and it all paid off."
Lotus' two drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean finished second and third, respectively.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh