Vettel surpasses Jackie Stewart's record with Bahrain win
Vettel claimed an impressive victory at the Bahrain GP that saw him go past the legendary Jackie Stewart into the sixth position on the all-time list of Grand Prix wins.
Sakhir: The three-time formula one world champion Sebastian Vettel claimed an impressive victory for Red Bull at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday that saw him go past the legendary Jackie Stewart into the sixth position on the all-time list of Grand Prix wins.
It was Vettel's second win in four races this season and the 28th of his career. The 26-year-old, who registered back-to-back victories in Sakhir, extended his lead in this year's title race. The Red Bull star is leading the drivers' standing with 77 points, ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso who is second with 67 points.
Starting second on the grid, Vettel took the lead on lap three and then controlled the 57-lap race to clinch his second win of the season. "It was a fantastic race," said Vettel. "I have to give a big, big thank you to the team today; it was faultless from start to finish. The pace was phenomenal, the car was great. We took good care of the tyres and it all paid off."
Lotus' two drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean finished second and third, respectively.
(With agency inputs)
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18