Vettel takes pole position at US Grand Prix
Vettel's fastest lap for Red Bull was 1 minute, 35.657 seconds.
Austin: Sebastian Vettel secured pole position for the US Grand Prix, putting him in the perfect spot to chase his third consecutive Formula One championship.
Driving on the new USD 400 million Circuit of the Americas, Vettel dominated three practice sessions before securing the pole on Saturday with a blistering round of qualifying. Vettel's fastest lap for Red Bull was 1 minute, 35.657 seconds.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was a distant ninth in qualifying, 1.643 seconds slower than Vettel. Alonso trails Vettel by 10 points in the drivers' championship.
If Vettel wins on Sunday, Alonso must finish no worse than fourth to force the championship title race to the final race of the season next week in Brazil.
Sunday's race will be F1's first in the US since 2007.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan