Vettel takes pole position at US Grand Prix
Vettel's fastest lap for Red Bull was 1 minute, 35.657 seconds.
Austin: Sebastian Vettel secured pole position for the US Grand Prix, putting him in the perfect spot to chase his third consecutive Formula One championship.
Driving on the new USD 400 million Circuit of the Americas, Vettel dominated three practice sessions before securing the pole on Saturday with a blistering round of qualifying. Vettel's fastest lap for Red Bull was 1 minute, 35.657 seconds.
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was a distant ninth in qualifying, 1.643 seconds slower than Vettel. Alonso trails Vettel by 10 points in the drivers' championship.
If Vettel wins on Sunday, Alonso must finish no worse than fourth to force the championship title race to the final race of the season next week in Brazil.
Sunday's race will be F1's first in the US since 2007.
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Can Xiaomi Redo its âMi Band Magicâ For Air Purifiers in India?
- Xiaomi Will Now Help Indian Startups With Its 'Crowdfunding' Platform