DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
VHP condemns Azad Maidan violence
Two persons were killed and 14 injured when a protest against Assam riots at Azad Maidan in Mumbai turned violent.
Allahabad: Condemning the violence that erupted in Mumbai during a protest against Assam riots, the VHP on Saturday said those who took part in it should be arrested and penalised for damage caused to life and property.
All those who took part in the violence and arson as well as those who instigated the same should be arrested, VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told reporters in Allahabad.
The damage caused to public property should be recovered from the rioters, he said.
Two persons were killed and 14 injured when a protest against Assam riots at Azad Maidan Ground in Mumbai turned violent.
Demonstrators torched vehicles, including media vans, and pelted stones prompting police to fire in the air and use batons to disperse the unruly mob.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?