VHP condemns Azad Maidan violence
Two persons were killed and 14 injured when a protest against Assam riots at Azad Maidan in Mumbai turned violent.
Allahabad: Condemning the violence that erupted in Mumbai during a protest against Assam riots, the VHP on Saturday said those who took part in it should be arrested and penalised for damage caused to life and property.
All those who took part in the violence and arson as well as those who instigated the same should be arrested, VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told reporters in Allahabad.
The damage caused to public property should be recovered from the rioters, he said.
Two persons were killed and 14 injured when a protest against Assam riots at Azad Maidan Ground in Mumbai turned violent.
Demonstrators torched vehicles, including media vans, and pelted stones prompting police to fire in the air and use batons to disperse the unruly mob.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction