'Vicky Donor' a funny take on sperm donation
The director Shoojit Sircar says 'Vicky Donor' is a humorous take on sperm donation.
Mumbai: Director Shoojit Sircar whose upcoming film, 'Vicky Donor' is based on sperm donation, says its a humorous take on the subject but has been dealt with care without crossing limits.
Produced by actor John Abraham, its a romantic comedy between a Punjabi boy and a Bengali girl, set against the background of sperm donation. The protagonists are essayed by video jockey and television host Ayushman Khurrana and TV actress Yami Gautam.
Despite the bold content, the makers have got the censor nod for running the first trailer.
"When we started scripting the basic idea was that we knew that it is about sperm donation.. So we have taken special care while dealing with this subject and have ensured that it does not cross the limit and subtlety of the subject
is inherent," Sircar said.
"We have not crossed the limit. The trailer has been approved and whatever is there in the trailer is there in the film, there is nothing beyond this," he said.
John said there are no adult jokes in the film. "When we presented this trailer to the audience we made sure that this film is not crass, it is funny yet credible," he said. The film is up for release on April 20.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner